Michael P. Smith's penchant for thoughtful analysis first expressed itself in a four-year stint as a teacher of calculus, but found its ultimate expression as he followed his father's footsteps into a career of law.
In over two decades of practice, Michael Smith has tried nearly 70 cases in the courtroom. Mr. Smith has successfully applied his mathematical background in analyzing complex product liability and medical cases. He has published a number of articles on various legal subjects and has been active as a fee arbitrator for the Bar Association of Baltimore City. Michael Smith has also served on the Baltimore City Foster Care Review Board.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D., 1982, Order of the Coif
- University of Chicago, M.A.T., 1975
- University of Notre Dame, A.B., 1974, magna cum laude
- Maryland, 1982
Committees and Organizations
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association Litigation Section- Appellate Practice Committee
- Member, Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Member, American Bar Association